The next VVPA meeting will be held Tuesday, June 18 at 7:00 pm at The Barrow Mansion (83 Wayne St.). As a reminder, VVPA meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, so be sure to mark your calendars in advance!
Monthly Meeting Agenda
7:00 pm – Welcome and Call to Order – President Ben Bernouy
7:05–7:20 pm – Officer & Committee Reports
7:20–8:30pm – Guest Speakers & Presentations
- Carissa Wright – Community Engagement Coordinator, Liberty Humane Society
- Ward E Councilperson James Solomon
Community networking to follow.
Upcoming Community Events:
- Van Vorst Park Farmers Market, Saturdays 10am-2pm
- Bagapalooza – Sat. June 15, 2-5pm, City Hall
- Yoga for the Park – Sundays, Van Vorst Park Gazebo, 5:30 pm (no class June 16)
- Bates Street Redevelopment Community Meeting – Weds. June 19, MS 4, 6pm
- Yoga Fest Jersey City – Sat. June 22
- Films in Van Vorst Park begins June 26
- East District Captains Meeting — 4th Tuesday of the month, M.S. 4, 2nd Floor, Library. Contact JCPD East District Community Relations Officer, Dina Lionakis (201.547.4370; email@example.com) for more information
Films in Van Vorst
Stay tuned to your emails! Films in Van Vorst will announce their season in the upcoming week! The season starts on June 26 after sunset.
Bates Street Redevelopment Community Meeting
Thanks to Our Generous Sponsors
The VVPA would also like to thank the sponsors of our 4th Annual Golf Outing: Dixon Advisory, Fields Construction, Waters McPherson McNeil, The Ashford, Art Fair 14C, Moorlees, TenMarc, Liberty Union Mortgage, Ben and Lynda Bernouy (F30 Committeepeople), Council President Rolando Lavarro, Councilman James Solomon, Councilman Jermaine Robinson, Councilwoman At Large Joyce Watterman, Skyway Golf, Loumidis Foods, Tom Parisi & Brightside Tavern, Downtown Yogurt, Sky Tobacco, Two Boots, Feed Your Soul, and JC Office of Cultural Affairs.
The VVPA depends on fundraising and sponsorships from local businesses and community members. Interested in becoming a sponsor? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.