The next VVPA meeting will be held Tuesday, February 19 at 7:00 pm at The Barrow Mansion (83 Wayne St.). As a reminder, VVPA meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, so be sure to mark your calendars in advance.
Monthly Meeting Agenda
7:00–7:15pm – Welcome and Call to Order – President Ben Bernouy
7:15–7:30 pm – Officer & Committee Reports7:30–8:45pm – Guest Speakers & Presentations
- Bright and Varick update
- Update on the bill to stop the commercialization of Liberty State Park – Sam Pesin, Friends of Liberty State Park
- Ward E Redistricting – Mike Harper, Hudson County Elections Chief
- Hudson County Board of Elections is considering a proposal redraw district lines and improve the voting process. Van Vorst Park and Liberty Harbor residents will be affected.
Community Networking to follow
Upcoming Community Events
- Black History Month Group Exhibition, City Hall Rotunda Gallery – through Feb. 28.
- St. Peter’s update: The hearing on the demolition of the St. Peter’s grammar school buildings has been rescheduled for April 1.
- East District Captains Meeting — 4th Tuesday of the month, M.S. 4, 2nd Floor, Library. Contact JCPD East District Community Relations Officer, Dina Lionakis (201.547.4370; email@example.com) for more information
To feature a community event in our newsletter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks to our generous sponsors
The VVPA depends on fundraising and sponsorships from local businesses and community members. Interested in becoming a sponsor? Email email@example.com.