The next VVPA monthly meeting will be held Tuesday, October 16 at 7:00 pm at The Barrow Mansion (83 Wayne St.). As a reminder, VVPA meetings are held on the 3rd Tuesday of the month, so be sure to mark your calendars in advance!
Monthly Meeting Agenda
7:00–7:10pm – Welcome and Call to Order – President Ben Bernouy
7:10–7:20pm – Officer & Committee Reports
- Treasurer Report – Dermot Ronan
- Construction Committee Report – Tom Ogorzalek
- Events Committee Report – Eric Carter/Marlene Sandkamp
7:20–8:45pm – Guest Speakers & Presentations
- JCPD East District Captain Benjamin Dailey & Community Relations Officer Dina Lionakis
- Hudson County Democratic Organization Chairwoman Amy DeGise
- Council President Rolando Lavarro to discuss Project Street.
- Ward E Councilperson James Solomon
- Developer Presentation
- Developer: Michael Mecca
- Proposed Mixed Use Development Project in the Bates Street Redevelopment Plan
Community Networking to follow
Upcoming Community Events
- Van Vorst Park Farmers Market – Saturdays 8 AM-3:30 PM
- East District Captains Meeting – Tues. Oct. 23, 7 PM – M.S. 4, 2nd Floor, Library. Contact JCPD East District Community Relations Officer, Dina Lionakis (201.547.4370; firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information
- JC Boe Candidates Forum – Thurs. Oct. 25, 7 PM – P.S. 16
- Haunted Halloween in Van Vorst Park – Weds.Oct. 31, 4 PM
- Ward F Community Meeting – Thurs. Nov. 8, 6:30 PM – Bethune Center
- Ward E Community Meeting – Weds. Dec. 5, 6:30 PM – Council Chambers, City Hall
The VVPA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit group. In addition to making a contribution through the VVPA website, we are registered as a non-profit at Amazon Smile. So every time you shop through Amazon Smile, select the VVPA as your charitable organization of choice, and Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the VVPA.
Thanks to Our Generous Sponsors
The VVPA depends on fundraising and sponsorships from local businesses and community members. Interested in becoming a sponsor? Email email@example.com.